Production Status

Jul 7, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Hi!

What can I do to help make this project reach production status. I have already built a module using it, and have encountered no errors so far. I'm now starting work an another module and would like to use it again. I consider the status of the library to be at least beta, since it has been working perfectly for me so far. Are there any known issues, that have yet to be overcome? I'd be happy to pitch in on any development!

Best regards,

Christoph

Coordinator
Jul 7, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Hi Christoph,

Like you, I consider this extension to be production-stable, especially given that it has now been utilized in many deployments.  I will likely repackage under this status when I find time to remedy the two minor outstanding issues.  I would not expect the code to change appreciably between the current release and one marked "stable."

In terms of future development, the adapter could probably use some additional decoration points; I envision a gradual move to a generalized LINQ to SQL adapter that is useful in many domains (including those outside a DotNetNuke module).  The current release is usable in this manner, but has not been promoted as such.

Glad you're finding the adapter useful!

Brandon

Jul 8, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Hi Brandon!

That's good news then. I've already had a good look at what you're doing in the adapter and love the way you make use of the extension methods (imho one of the greatest language features of C#3.0). If I can be of any help with your "minor outstanding issues", I'd be glad to pitch in.

Best regards,
Christoph